Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Custom AUP for Guest Wireless

Brian O'Flynn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to setup Guest wireless using Cisco ISE for the first time.  Under Multi-Portal Configurations, i was hoping to be able to edit the DefaultGuestPortal profile so that I could change the wording of the AUP from Cisco's Blurb.  Can anyone point me in the direction where I can do this?  The only alternative I can see is to create a new portal from scratch.

Cheers

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Brian,

If you only wan't to change the AUP, there is no need to create custom portals, the text on the aup page, is contained withen the language template you are using, if you navigate to the Administration/Web Portal Management/Settings, and look under the Guest Portal/Language Templates, you should find one called "configure acceptable use policy" and all other customizable texts in the guest portal.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3

MultiPortal Configurations

Cisco ISE provides you with the ability to host multiple guest portals in the Cisco ISE server. The Guest user portal has a default Cisco look and feel. These pages are dynamically generated to offer portal features such as change password and self-registration in the Login Screen.

You can use the Multi-portal configuration to upload set of GUI pages specific to your organization to handle the Login, AUP, Change Password and Self Registration. In order to access an uploaded client portal the guest portal URL must include the name of the portal specified during the upload.

You can design and upload HTML pages to define new guest portals or replace the default guest portal. These pages must use plain HTML code and must contain form actions that point to the guest portal backend servlets. You must define separate HTML pages for login, acceptable use policy (AUP), the change-password function, and self-registration.

For Complete Configuration Guide, Please click on below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0/user_guide/ise10_guest_pol.pdf

You can read Aqeel's post but you will have to create a custom web portal and map that to your authorization result for guests. Your best bet is to either download the html file as it is presented to you, modify it and then upload it to the portal. Or you can use the link below to see the samples that Cisco provides.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0/user_guide/ise10_guest_pol.html#wp1128489

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Actually, for anyone else reading this post, the sample code that cisco provides for a custom web portal is from the original version of ISE.  I am on Version 1.1.1.268 where the default portal looks much more modern.  So if using this code, get some developers to spruce it up a bit

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Brian,

If you only wan't to change the AUP, there is no need to create custom portals, the text on the aup page, is contained withen the language template you are using, if you navigate to the Administration/Web Portal Management/Settings, and look under the Guest Portal/Language Templates, you should find one called "configure acceptable use policy" and all other customizable texts in the guest portal.

I've been trying to modify the language tempate>AUP text with no such luck. I modify the English AUP text, click save (Which it reply's back that the save was successful, yet it just reverts back to the default Cisco AUP text.

Any ideas where this might reside for ISE 3.0? 

I've spent over two hours trying to find how to change the default AUP message. 

This can be edited from the Work Centers > Guest Access > Portals & Components > Guest Portals > [Portal] > Portal Page Customization menu. Under the Pages section, select the Acceptable Use Policy and scroll down to the Guest AUP text box.

Example:

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 8.47.31 am.png

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 8.47.53 am.png

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Traik is absolutely right. I would recommend you to follow his advice.

Brian O'Flynn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies.  Jan, that was exactly what I wanted.  I thought I had tried to change that and found no difference but when I go back in now, I see that it still has the original text.  Changed it again and it is displaying now.

Thanks for the help,

Cheers

Brian

How did you get the text to stick ? I have been going back and forth modifying the AUP text, only to find it defaults back to the Cisco original default AUP text no matter what I do. It says it saved successfully, but I still keep getting the default text. Frustrated.

Hi Mike,

I didn't do anything different, just went in again and clicked save and it worked.  Sorry couldn't be more help.

Cheers

Brian

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

If an acceptable use policy (AUP) is configured, the policy pages are provided on the client side, based on the browser locale and the set of languages that are specified in the configuration. You are responsible for providing a localized AUP bundle or site URL.

for the sample page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_ug.pdf