Helpful
Replies

ISE CWA Sponsored Guest Access: Endpoint Purge vs Account validity

Martin Grimm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

i have some Brain/Knots in my head regarding the following situation:

1. Customer wants Sponsored Guest Access and Guests should not get the Splash Page every time they associate to the WLC
2. There are 3 Guest Types in our deployment: 1 Day, 3 Day and 5 Day Access
3. A 3 Day access guest should not get the splash page within the 3 days period after log in successful the very first time

So i know about ISE Guest Remember-me function to look at the GuestEndpoint Identity Group.
But the problem is: If the guest account expires, ISE do not purge the EndpointID from database.

So if i purge all GuestEndpoints every 3 days for example, a 1 Day Guest Account Device will remain 3 days active and could use the network ressources. On the other Hand, if i purge every day, a 3 Day and a 5 Day guest will get the Splash Page every day.

How can we solve that? 
Is there any logical decision in ISE to move all Endpoints with a given Guest-Account, that is expiring, to the Unknown Endpoint Group? So from Endpoint Attributes, ISE has this information already.

Regards

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edit the Guest Type and change the "Endpoint identity group for guest device registration" field to a unique value or each Guest Type.

ahollifield_0-1668521743079.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Based on which guest type the endpoint is associated, register the endpoints to a endpoint identity group.  Create three different endpoint purge rules for each of the three endpoint identity groups based on how long they should remain "cached"..

Martin Grimm
Level 1
Level 1

Good point, but i only seeing Identity Groups based on the guest types. How do you register those endpoints to the right endpoint identity group? I have no lab for testing yet. So from my understanding ISE will create only the corresponding identiy group to the guest type, no endpoint group. If i use the Sponsored Guest Access Portal, all endpoints are registered to the GuestEndpoint Group.

Regards,

Martin

Edit the Guest Type and change the "Endpoint identity group for guest device registration" field to a unique value or each Guest Type.

ahollifield_0-1668521743079.png

Ok, thank you. I did not see this option for a 1000 times  :-), funny thing.

Regards,

Martin