cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE dashboard "active endoints" count does not match license count and other active section oddities

marco.merlo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

I used to think that "Active endpoints" count present in ise ADMIN home page should match  base license count at license sampling time.

Indeed when our deployment was still small in terms of endpoints, licence count used to be a little smaller than "Active endpoints" one. This made sense for me because not all the active endpoints may  actually consume a base license

Now we have more then 15k connected endpoints  and I see that license count is about 4%  greater  than active sessions one.

Is this an acceptable value? Why there are more consumed licenses than active endpoints at licensing counter sample time?

Actually what is worrying me more is that if I query the primary  MNT node via rest API for active sessions count I get a value that matches licence count as presented in the GUI, but the same query on the secondary MNT node return a value that is 30% smaller. 

Regards

MM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is something you would want to call TAC for to see why there is a mismatch.

Perhaps there are inconsistencies in your database.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is something you would want to call TAC for to see why there is a mismatch.

Perhaps there are inconsistencies in your database.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: