Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Deployment Problem

I have two Cisco ISE in my infrastructure with a two-node deployment. Due to some problems, the secondary node was disconnected. When was reconnected the node the license had expired.

I tried to perform a resync, but the option was disabled. I tried to make a deregister and then register a new one, when I tried this procedure, I received the message that the Node is not a standalone node.

Now, when I try to access the ISE secondary, I get the message must update the license, so I can not reconfigure the system.

What do you recommend I do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try deregister and then register

Check the Current Licenses in both primary  and secondary nodes. They should be sync

To view current license in Cisco ISE,  choose Administration > System > Licensing > Current Licenses. The  Current License page appears, which contains the following  information:Administration Node,ID—Administration node ID ,Version, Type,  Expires, Licensed To, Base, Advanced

For out of sync issues, which most likely  are due to time changes or NTP sync
issues, you must correct the system time  and perform a manual sync up through
the UI.

For certificate expiry issues, you must  install a valid certificate and perform a
manual sync up through the  UI

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try deregister and then register

Check the Current Licenses in both primary  and secondary nodes. They should be sync

To view current license in Cisco ISE,  choose Administration > System > Licensing > Current Licenses. The  Current License page appears, which contains the following  information:Administration Node,ID—Administration node ID ,Version, Type,  Expires, Licensed To, Base, Advanced

For out of sync issues, which most likely  are due to time changes or NTP sync
issues, you must correct the system time  and perform a manual sync up through
the UI.

For certificate expiry issues, you must  install a valid certificate and perform a
manual sync up through the  UI

Thanks Venkatesh,

I tried to execute the process, but when I go to register got the following error:

"Unable to register 10.0.13.11. Standalone Node is not a node"

The problem is that I do not have access to the secondary node because the temporary license expired. I think if I could change the secondary node for standalone, I could register the node again.

if I try an "application reset-config ise" I could register the node and thus replicate licenses and settings?

I managed to solve the problem. I performed a "application reset-config ise" and then registered again the secondary node.

Thanks for the help.