Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Device Admin and Base license count

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Hi board,

I understand, that base licenses are required on the ISE, before a device admin (TACACS+) license can be applied.

The documentation states, that 100 base licenses are required (I guess because this is the lowest available base license count).

However with Cisco ONE WLC licensing, there are smaller base license packs.

For example, a Cisco ONE ordered WLC comes with 25 base licenses per licensed AP.

In order to get device admin to work, would it be enough to install for example 25 ISE base licenses?

I guess it's not about the actual number of base licenses. Instead I think at least one license is needed to bring the ISE to life

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks a lot

regards

Johannes

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is correct.  The 100 count is the smallest orderable License pack.  The 25 pack that comes with Cisco One Licensing will also enable the Admin Portal (ISE GUI).

The assumptions in your post are confirmed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is correct.  The 100 count is the smallest orderable License pack.  The 25 pack that comes with Cisco One Licensing will also enable the Admin Portal (ISE GUI).

The assumptions in your post are confirmed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: