cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Endpoint Classification page - Endpoint Types vs Logical Profiles vs Endpoint Profiles

Gustavo Novais
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In ISE 2.1 (patch1) when looking at the endpoint classification page we are able to see the endpoints classification based on their endpoint type or endpoint profile. (column Endpoint Type)

I was assuming that the endpoint type would be directly related to the Logical Profiles configuration but as it looks it isn't (created a logical profile that would match around 50% of my endpoints and I still do not see it appearing on the endpoint types).

Can anybody explain where the endpoint type classification can be controlled? I tried looking for documentation but the term is too generic and widely used for the research to hit any meaningful match.

I can account for the Logical Profile column, for the Endpoint Profile column, but nowhere I can find the Endpoint Type classification. Is it a builtin classification?

For instance there's a type Workstation that doesn't match any defined logical profile.

Regards

Gustavo Novais

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is done by some built-in logics but not for you to control.

Workstation, for example, appears matching the profiling policy hierarchy.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 2.05.38 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is done by some built-in logics but not for you to control.

Workstation, for example, appears matching the profiling policy hierarchy.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 2.05.38 PM.png

Ok thank you for your answer!

Do you happen to know if that is publicly documented somewhere?

Regards

Gustavo Novais

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: