Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE endpoint last attempted connection

Hello.

We are going to use the API's to create endpoints in ISE and assign these to a specifik Static Group Assignment. And thereby allowing them access to a vlan through a MAB authorization.

But in order to keep this up to date we would like to somehow read out the last time these devices tried to make a connection. Be it successfully or not doesn't matter. As long as I can see that something with this MAC is trying that is enough. And then we will handle the purging of old no longer connected endpoints with API's aswell. We would not like to use the internal purging since this will be connected to automatic billing systems.

Is there somewhere I would be able to find this data. I was so sure that this function would exist that I didn't even think of checking for it before I started the project.

I have been looking into doing a scheduled report of radius authentications everyday and read it from there. But that feels kind of wonky and I was hoping to find a easier accessible field we're "last connected date" could be found.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I don't dabble much with the APIs, but have you looked at the Endpoint attributes called 'InactiveDays' (how many days have gone by since the endpoint last connected)? There is another one called 'ElapsedDays' - that one tells you how many days have gone by since the endpoint first connected.

You can get this data via the GUI Context Visibility - I guess it will also be available via the CLI when you export all endpoints. And hopefully, also available via API.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I don't dabble much with the APIs, but have you looked at the Endpoint attributes called 'InactiveDays' (how many days have gone by since the endpoint last connected)? There is another one called 'ElapsedDays' - that one tells you how many days have gone by since the endpoint first connected.

You can get this data via the GUI Context Visibility - I guess it will also be available via the CLI when you export all endpoints. And hopefully, also available via API.

Of course it was something easy that I had overlooked. I went through those endpoint attributes atleast 3 times but still missed it. Probobly was to focused on looking for something with a date value and not a day counter.

Thank you very much for the help.