cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ISE ERS API result doesn't have 'Framed-IP-Address RADIUS attribute #8' for wireless users.

Hi,

I am trying to get wireless endpoint details based on the MAC address using ISE 2.3 ERS API. As you can see below the API result doesn't give me the endpoint IP address. 

API-wireless.JPG

However, the endpoint IP address is available for the wired users as below:

API-wired.JPG

Here are the WLC configurations:

Authentication.JPG

Accounting.JPG

WLAN.JPG

Can you please advise why the IP address is not presented in the API get result?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: ISE ERS API result doesn't have 'Framed-IP-Address RADIUS attribute #8' for wireless users.

For wired you see the IP under radius live logs? If that’s the case something likely misconfigured on wireless with radius accounting perhaps

Example of wireless setup are included in the BYOD guide here
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/cisco-ise-byod-prescriptive-deployment-guide/ta-p/3641867

If still running into problems I would advise you to get a tac case

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: ISE ERS API result doesn't have 'Framed-IP-Address RADIUS attribute #8' for wireless users.

Hi ,

I have changed the Radius Accounting interim interval from 0 to 600 on the WLC. But the API request still doesn't give me the IP address of the endpoint.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Is the IP address showing under RADIUS live logs?
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Jason,

The IP address not showing under RADIUS live logs. However, I can see the IP address under "Context Visibility" - Endpoints

framed_IP.JPG

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

For wired you see the IP under radius live logs? If that’s the case something likely misconfigured on wireless with radius accounting perhaps

Example of wireless setup are included in the BYOD guide here
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/cisco-ise-byod-prescriptive-deployment-guide/ta-p/3641867

If still running into problems I would advise you to get a tac case

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Jason,

Yes, I can see the IP address under the RADIUS live logs for wired devices. As far as I know, the WLC has been configured according to the Cisco best practice and the radius accounting has been enabled as well.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Please work through the TAC to troubleshoot why its not showing up. Once it shows in live logs likely API will work