cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE ERS search result paging very limited

dhook
Level 5
Level 5

The maximum allowed number of resources per page in a search result (for example /ers/config/endpoint) is limited to only 100 resources. Is there a legitimate reason for this low number?

The amount of data sent in responses is usually very small, I would think that the work with handling paging request for an ISE database with a few hundred thousands endpoints require more CPU and RAM than sending all of them in one response - or at least have the ability to send 10000 at once.

The API has some bulk handling, but not for search requests. I can't find any efficient way to retrieve the endpoints and their id's other than paging through /ers/config/endpoint responses, which takes much more time than it should.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I got a response from our team.  Today, 100 resources is the way it was originally designed.  However, we are potentially looking to improve that in the future.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm looking into this and will get back to you ASAP.

Regards,

-Tim

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I got a response from our team.  Today, 100 resources is the way it was originally designed.  However, we are potentially looking to improve that in the future.

Regards,

-Tim