cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Contributor

ISE ERS search result paging very limited

The maximum allowed number of resources per page in a search result (for example /ers/config/endpoint) is limited to only 100 resources. Is there a legitimate reason for this low number?

The amount of data sent in responses is usually very small, I would think that the work with handling paging request for an ISE database with a few hundred thousands endpoints require more CPU and RAM than sending all of them in one response - or at least have the ability to send 10000 at once.

The API has some bulk handling, but not for search requests. I can't find any efficient way to retrieve the endpoints and their id's other than paging through /ers/config/endpoint responses, which takes much more time than it should.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: ISE ERS search result paging very limited

Hi,

I got a response from our team.  Today, 100 resources is the way it was originally designed.  However, we are potentially looking to improve that in the future.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm looking into this and will get back to you ASAP.

Regards,

-Tim

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I got a response from our team.  Today, 100 resources is the way it was originally designed.  However, we are potentially looking to improve that in the future.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post