Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Express Installation WLC reset

JonT
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

According to the ISE Express Installation Guide on p. 7: "Note: This guide is for a new Wireless Controller installation only. If this not a new installation, then perform a factory reset of the controller." If the customer has a working WLC, is it mandatory to do a factory reset of the WLC? I was advised from other engineers that they have never seen the need to reset the controller in order to employ ISE. What are the repercussions if they choose not to reset?

Thank you for your responses in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You do not need to reset the controller to integrate with ISE.  The setup wizard is designed to help provision a new WLC.  The guide states that you can use it as reference to setup WLAN and ACL configurations but it sounds to me as though you already have WLANs configured.  You can reference our WLC Design Guide for information on how to integration your existing WLC with ISE.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You do not need to reset the controller to integrate with ISE.  The setup wizard is designed to help provision a new WLC.  The guide states that you can use it as reference to setup WLAN and ACL configurations but it sounds to me as though you already have WLANs configured.  You can reference our WLC Design Guide for information on how to integration your existing WLC with ISE.

Regards,

-Tim

JonT
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you so much Timothy!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: