Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest Access Time Quota

adrian.campos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

Im having a requirement from our customer that need to have the following features for controlling their internal customers Internet access:

Have the ability to:

- Give users a Guest Account with x hours of Internet Access and that they can spend this hours during: a day, week, month etc.

- Restrict the use of the account by specific date and/or time.

- Restrict the use of the account to a specific number of concurrent sessions and devices.

So i am looking to validate if is possible to have the above features with ISE Guest Access, and if possible, how we could achieve this?.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

ACR

4 Replies 4

poongarg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
All the above requirements can be met for Guest access on ISE. Kindly refer ISE Guest access deployment Guide:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-guest-access-prescriptive-deployment-guide/ta-p/3640475

yogesh2009
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think its possible to restrict internet duration.You can only restrict the guest account validity itself.

Rest all should be doable.

@yogesh2009 wrote:

I don't think its possible to restrict internet duration.You can only restrict the guest account validity itself.

Rest all should be doable.

Hi @yogesh2009 @poongarg 

I was trying to make a configuration for a guest account duration, but i wasn´t able to. The only possible configuration makes the account valid for certain time but, what we need is to create a guest account with a quota of x time, for example if i create a 1 hour guest account when the user login and stay connected 15 minutes, he can come back tomorrow and use the 45 mintes left, until the time is over.

Is this possible with just ISE or do you know any third party solution that can integrate with ISE to do it?

Thanks in Advance!

Thats  not possible with ISE. I am not sure if there are other products that do that but I will look around