Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

ISE Guest Access Prescriptive Deployment Guide

Views
Helpful
Comments

The attached document is utilized when configuring Cisco ISE 2.3+ Guest Access in your wired/wireless

This guide describes the process and best practices for configuring ISE with a Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) or a Cisco switch to provide guest access.

This guide is designed to be used in an environment where WLC and ISE have already been set up.

The purpose of this guide is to help you with common setup and deployment questions, and to describe
configurations with a Cisco WLC, Cisco switch, and ISE. Note that the guide does not cover more complex configurations, such as configuring load balancing or foreign/anchor controllers.

Comments
Beginner

Good Document. I'll try this in my upcoming installation.
Can you add settings for SMS option in BYODD or Guest portal. While an user enters his/her phone number an OTP is sent to the phone. User can login using this OTP to wireless network.

Cisco Employee

Those all depend on the sms provider and are all listed on this page . Are you looking for something else? Then please provide deep detail in a new community question

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-64018?mobileredirect=true#jive_content_id_SMS

Beginner

Hello Jason,

I have gone through the guest deployment document and able to do wireless guest deployment in 2.3.

This document is very nice.

I am stuck in wired guest deployment and not able to push DACL from ISE to switchport which will allow user to redirect. When user is connecting ISE configure switchport, nothing is happening, swithchport doesn't apply any acl. Is there working snapshots for wired guest , what exact ACL, I need to configure.

Thanks

Kamlesh

Cisco Employee
Please don’t ask troubleshooting on the post. Open a new thread and see how basic support back and forth may help

Also might be in your best interest to open Tac case to quick resolution
Beginner

Hi Jason,

Is it mandatory requirement to have catalyst switch in Cisco ISE guest wi-fi setup.

My requirement is to only setup guest wi-fi. I understand that it only a Access Point, WLC (for redirection) and ISE PSN node is required.

I was going through the page 17 of the PDF which talks about "Deploying ISE for Guest Network Access" and mention of switch is confusing to me.

Thanks,

Vivek

Cisco Employee
There are sections showing the wireless and wired config separate. Wireless config has nothing to do with the wired setup
Beginner
Understood. Thank you.

CreatePlease to create content
Webcast-ISE Deployment and Best Practices