cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE guest password restrict certain characters

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We are trying to use a custom set of letters for the guest policy within ISE to restrict "i's, l's" and other characters that users have issues distinguishing.  We simply but abcdef in the Custom field but when we generated accounts it sill had letters outside of that.

We are using ISE 2.7 patch 3 but expecting to upgrade to 3.1 in the next month.

Thanks,

Joe

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

poongarg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I tested in lab and it is working as expected on ISE 2.7 FCS.

Attaching screenshot of guest password policy and the accounts that are created by sponsor after the password policy change

View solution in original post

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should have complete control of Guest Password characters in the Guest Access > Settings > Guest Password Policy page. If it is not working, file a bug with TAC.

image.png

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

I have reviewed the password policy and it is working as expected.  A colleague of mine is the one that reported the issue originally but I am confident this was user error to start with.

Thanks for all the responses,

Joe

8 Replies 8

poongarg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I tested in lab and it is working as expected on ISE 2.7 FCS.

Attaching screenshot of guest password policy and the accounts that are created by sponsor after the password policy change

What patch level are you running?

No patch installed. Tested on FCS

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you trying to restrict Guest Usernames or Passwords (or both)?  

Only the passwords

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should have complete control of Guest Password characters in the Guest Access > Settings > Guest Password Policy page. If it is not working, file a bug with TAC.

image.png

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

I have reviewed the password policy and it is working as expected.  A colleague of mine is the one that reported the issue originally but I am confident this was user error to start with.

Thanks for all the responses,

Joe

rnan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

rnan_0-1683856343475.png

Please go to ISE GUI-Guest Access-Settings-Guest Password Policy, and try to do password setting, thank you!!!