Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest SMS Registration Issue

nrector
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a client who uses the self registered guest portal with SMS notification via Twilio. Currently the guest have to enter the county code and then the phone number, so  for the US it would be 15553335555. We have put a message in the line asking for the phone number saying to include the number 1 but apparently guests are not reading that and it is causing issues.

The client is looking for a way to have the 1 pre populated or just handled by ISE on the backend before it gets sent to Twilio so that the guest do not have to enter anything but the 10 digit number.

I found 2 scripts online, one was for trying to convert the country code and the other was for requiring a certain number of numbers to be entered but I have not found anything that will autofill the number 1 into the numbers.

Does anyone have a config that would allow this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at this thread , I will also add jakunst for any input he might be able to provide.

SMS Notifications using Twilio

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at this thread , I will also add jakunst for any input he might be able to provide.

SMS Notifications using Twilio

Danny has good point. Under that post you can see how they simply add a 1 under the configuration in front of the mobile number value. You can try that.

Data (Url encoded portion):

To=1$mobilenumber$&From=+1<number deleted>&Body=$message$

Keep in mind if you do this and have anyone that doesn't have US based phone number will run into problem

Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I tired that but was not able to get it working.

I did give the client an option of requiring 11 numbers to be entered (using the script on this page, ISE Guest Self-Registration form working with phone numbers) and I was able to get that working, so the client is testing that method now to see if it was meet their requirements.

Thanks!

a50573329
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

kindly could any one support me, in this case, I have one customer has ISE but license expired and he needs to enable guest portal in ISE and integrate with sms gateway this can be done without renewaing ISE licesne ?

Multiple posts with the same question are not helpful.