Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE: Guest SSL Certificate Not Trusted Error

wmohamed
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

We are building an ISE Demo for an event, I configured the Guest Access and it is working fine. the problem is that when the guests (Event attendess) try to access the internet they will be reditrected to teh ISE for Guest Authentication. The guest will get the below error message which doesn't look good because the ISE has the self-signed certificate and it doesn't have a public trusted certificate.

I tried to generate a trail SSL certificate from Thawte and Symentec but both replied that we couldn't verify the information you have provided. I believe this is because my domain is not publicly resgitered (I created this domain internally for the event)

Please advice what is the solution for this issue. I don't want my guest/attendees to see the error message. It doesn't look for to demonstrate ISE.

Please advice

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Andrew Phirsov
Level 7
Level 7

The only solution that can competely resolve your issue is to get a certificate from any trusted  CA, like Verisign, Thawte, etc. Cost for that is typically $100 per year. Other solution is to use certificate from StartSSL. They have easy procedure for issuing ceritifcates and it's free, but in some browsers that window still may  appear sometimes.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

You can use CA server which you can configure on AD.