cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE: how to extend the due of certification

naoki_Japan
Spotlight
Spotlight

I found that there are 4 self-signed certifications on the ISE by default.

One of them is for SAML, only which of the due can be extended by checking the " Renewal Period" box and enter the TTL.

However, as for the other certifications, I can not check the box and not extend the due.
moreover, for certification of ISE Messaging service, I notice that I cannot create it on the panel >Generate Self Signed Certificate

please tell me how can I handle this problem.
should I create new certification ?
how can I extend the due of certification of  ISE Messaging service and others?
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ComputerRick
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the ISE Messaging Service, it is generated from the Internal CA service that runs on ISE.

The Messaging cert is not extended, and for this case, I would suggest regenerating the ISE Root CA.

Go to Certificates, then Certificate Signing Requests, and Generate CSR.  There will be a pull-down menu, select ISE Root CA from that and then the Generate button.  The pull-down will also have the ISE Messaging cert, among others.  If your messaging cert is about to expire, it's likely expiring on more than one node and a new root would be a better method.

HTH.

View solution in original post

In addition to what @ComputerRick correctly noted, you must first have the Internal Certificate Authority (CA) enabled for the ISE Root CA option to be available as an option.

Administration > System > Certificates > Certificate Authority > Internal CA settings > Enable Certificate Authority

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ComputerRick
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the ISE Messaging Service, it is generated from the Internal CA service that runs on ISE.

The Messaging cert is not extended, and for this case, I would suggest regenerating the ISE Root CA.

Go to Certificates, then Certificate Signing Requests, and Generate CSR.  There will be a pull-down menu, select ISE Root CA from that and then the Generate button.  The pull-down will also have the ISE Messaging cert, among others.  If your messaging cert is about to expire, it's likely expiring on more than one node and a new root would be a better method.

HTH.

In addition to what @ComputerRick correctly noted, you must first have the Internal Certificate Authority (CA) enabled for the ISE Root CA option to be available as an option.

Administration > System > Certificates > Certificate Authority > Internal CA settings > Enable Certificate Authority

Your advice solved the problem I had.
THX!!!

As you advised, I set up internal CA and got it!!!

thank you for support!! appreciate it!!