Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE identity-based CWA login success page

RichardAtkin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I'm doing CWA on ISE with an AD back end.

Is it possible to send successfully authenticated Users off to a different login-success page based on some aspect of their identity, whether that be a domain element in the username and/or by evaluating AD group membership?  You used to be able to do this with some jiggery pokery on old versions of ISE, but I think it was more of an exploit than a feature.

For example, if "HR Person", send browser to HR.mycompany.com but if "IT Person", send browser to "IT.mycompany.com?

Configuring the client device is not an option; this all needs doing by the infrastructure.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Thanks,

Richard

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

You can't do that In a standard way. 

I've never done that before. But quite sure that you can add a JavaScript into the success page and redirect the url based on some criteria.

What I'm not sure is if with JavaScript you can get the ad group membership. 

I had in the past a pdf with all JavaScript capabilities but having hard time to found it back. 

If I get it I'll post it here. 

Sorry to not being so helpful. 

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco,

I suspect you're thinking of this?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_22/b_ise_admin_guide_22_chapter_010000.html#reference_E2FD225AFDAC4A7B9B1493E1809BEC0B

Unfortunately I've been through this already and I don't think it gives enough access to do what I need.

Cheers,

Richard

No this isn't the documentation i was talking about. It was a JavaScript developer document but for ISE version 1.3.

Anyway, as I said, not sure you can get the ad group membership from JavaScript then what you're asking isn't possible in that way.

Sorry for that

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

There’s this as well, but also not much good tbh ☹
https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-67264
Thanks for looking though – glad it’s not just me that can’t do it! 😊

No this one as well 😀

Thanks
Francesco