cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE IPSK Manager Portal Issue

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I installed the IPSK Manager. The Admin portal on port 443 is working and I am able to login the admin portal, but the end user portal on port 8443 always shows the 404 page. Also when I click Portals > Add Portal on the admin page, nothing happens.

Anyone has any ideas about this?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My guess is that you've missed something in the Apache setup or configuration. I would suggest starting over from scratch and following the pre-requisites and installation steps exactly as per the GitHub project documentation.

If that still fails, you would be best filing and Issue in that project including as many details as possible in the description. This tool is community developed and supported and leverages multiple open source components, so there is no support from Cisco TAC.

Nick Ciesinski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you ever figure this out @zhenningx ?

For the non admin portals it will always show a 404 error unless you have the portal id in the url.  The portal id is gotten from the admin portal page view screen of a portal. 

The issue of clicking portal add and nothing coming up is it needs other configuration items created before you can make a new portal.  I recommend working your way backwards on the menu and do the add portal last.  Then it should pop up.  

Nick

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks @Nick Ciesinski for your suggestions. 

I checked other configuration items and did not find what was missing according to the instructions on the Github page. Can you be more specific which configurations are needed for this?

I installed ipsk manager on RedHat, and the Github instruction is for Ubuntu. Does this work on Redhat?

Thanks.

@zhenningx Redhat should be fine, it just hasn't been tested, but as long as you followed the setup items in the README for Apache, MySQL, PHP, it should be fine.  If you got through the installer of iPSK Manager then its a pretty good sign you did all those steps properly. 

The configuration I was talking about isn't in the README as it is application configuration.  You can't just make a portal as the first thing you do.  Within the application you have to configure other items that are used in the portal configuration. 

On the side menu start by creating a Wireless Network, then create a Authorization Template, then Endpoint Grouping, then Portal Grouping.  At this point when you attempt to create a Portal it should pop up to create. 

It is a item on the enhancement list to popup a notice saying you need these other things configured before you can make a Portal but the way the code is today it just doesn't display anything if you don't have the other items configured first. 

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks @Nick Ciesinski. I have created Wireless Network, Authorization Template, Endpoint Grouping, Portal Grouping. Then I am able to create a portal. But when I access the portal URL, the page displays a warning "Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/iPSK-Manager/portals/index.php on line 104", and an unloaded image under the warning. Then I see my portal name and "Please Login" sign. After I login, the page displays "File not found. ".

Any ideas about this?

I hope Cisco can create an complete guide of setup and configure iPSK manager. I cannot find any guide which mentions the steps you mentioned in the above posts. And what about the "Cisco ISE ERS Integration Settings", do I need to configure this?

Thanks!

What are you using for the URL for the portal and what type of portal did you choose?  The portal pages work differently than the admin portal page and you need to format the URL properly otherwise the page will generate a 404 error which it sounds like you are getting with the broken image comment. 

If you go into the admin portal and the portals menu item you should see a view option next to each portal you made. Click that and use the URL it shows for that particular portal.  

As for ERS it is not required but it allows you to do things if you configure it. For instance when choosing to bulk import endpoints if you have ERS configured you’ll see an option to import endpoints from ISE endpoint groups.  You’ll also be able to see a button to create the ISE authorization profile.

The ISE monitoring integration is used for sending COA to reauthorize an endpoint.  

I would recommend configuring both but neither is absolutely required.