Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Max # Nodes with HA

sungmook kang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Folks,

I have question about Max # Nodes with HA for ISE2.4.

According to the Cisco Live BRKSEC-3699(Designing ISE for Scale & High Availability), it describes that Max # Nodes with HA is "58" for both 3595 as PAN and MNT/Large MNT)

- link(Page 10) : https://www.ciscolive.com/global/on-demand-library/?search.event=ciscoliveus2018&search=ISE#/session/1511296160606001Af1J

I believe that it("58") is composed of  50 x PSNs and 4 x PxGrids and 2 x PANs and 2 x MnTs. (Correct me if I'am wrong.)

However, for the platform 3595 as PAN and MNT, Max # dedicated PXGs is "2".(referred same Cisco live page above)

in this case, how is the Max # Node with HA is configured as "58" ? (my understanding is that it should be "56", 50 x PSNs, 2 x PANs, 2 x MnTs, 2 x PXGs)

Thanks

Mook

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 2.2 pxGrid v1 allows up to 2 PXGs while ISE 2.4 pxGrid v2 allows up to 4 PXGs. PXGs in pxGrid v1 are active/standby and those in pxGrid v2 are all active.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 2.2 pxGrid v1 allows up to 2 PXGs while ISE 2.4 pxGrid v2 allows up to 4 PXGs. PXGs in pxGrid v1 are active/standby and those in pxGrid v2 are all active.