Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Migrated VM Licenses - Renew Support Services

BBNG
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer that had PAK based licenses of R-ISE-VM-K9, then, they performed the ISE migration upgrade to ISE 2.7 and will that they requested TAC to migrate their licenses.

Right now it is migrated to Smart Licensing and on the portal lists R-ISE-VMS-K9 (despite the FAQ says it would migrate to R-ISE-VMM-K9)

So now that we need to renew support services for those licenses the support are being quoted until February of 2022 which is the EoS for R-ISE-VM-K9, legacy part number.

Does it mean that it makes no difference to migrate the license as support won't be orderable?

Or maybe I missed something.

I appreciate any assistance.

Regards.

3 Replies 3

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @BBNG,

Please see this thread. You should ask Cisco to update your part numbers, in order to be able to purchase support beyond this date. Old SKU R-ISE-VM-K9 can be migrated to R-ISE-VMM-K9, as per migration matrix. If you only got VMS, you should reach back to Cisco, provide them original sales order number, and ask them to correct this to VMM.

BR

Milos

BBNG
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Milos,

Thanks for the reply, that's the thing, Cisco TAC already migrated the licenses, I can see this on transaction history however like I mentioned for some weird reason customer got VMS instead of VMM.

I understand your point and we'll try reaching out to Cisco again to check upon.

Thanks!

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Regarding license mistake, you should reach back to Licensing team, not the Technical. You should provide them your initial purchase SO number, along with your SA details, and they should correct this mistake.

Regarding support and EoS part number, you must reach Contract management team (again not standard TAC), asking them to update your part numbers, since you performed upgrade.

BR,

Milos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: