cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE migration from 2.3 VM to 3.2 Appliance (3615)

kmohdsabu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

What is the process of ISE Migration from 2.3 VM (2 node in cluster) to 3.2 Appliance (2 x SNS 3615).

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct. Method 2 would be just manually reconfiguring everything on the 3.2 node but this is a great point to clean up old policies, groups, etc that may not be required anymore

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/ise-version-upgrade-matrix/ta-p/3653501

ISE 2.3 is long EOL now.  You can migrate using backup/restore method and importing to a temporary "middle" server to bring the configuration up to one that is compatible with import into 3.2.  That being said, it may be best to start from scratch depending on the complexity of the deployment.  

Thank you ahollifield for your response.

what i understand from you response we can do it on two methods. please correct me if I am wrong.

Method 1:

1. take the backup from 2.3 (existing ISE) and build the new 2.7 on "middle" server, restore the backup to 2.7.

2. then take the back from 2.7 on "middle" server and build the new 3.2 on ISE 3615 appliance, restore the backup to 3.2

Method 2:

1. Build the new ISE 3.2 on ISE 3615 from the scratch.

2. Then understand the configuration from existing ISE 2.3 and configure it on the new ISE 3.2.

Correct. Method 2 would be just manually reconfiguring everything on the 3.2 node but this is a great point to clean up old policies, groups, etc that may not be required anymore