cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE OVA/OVF Images

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, I would like to ask if I deploy ISE using OVA images, can I still change the VM settings (CPU, memory, etc.) of it in the future?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

In that case you tell the user that it may be both unsupported by TAC, and
untested by Cisco.

An OVA is basically an ISO/VMDK with an answer file. You can change it
after it's deployed .

But changing the resources out of supported specs is a bad idea.

View solution in original post

Just to clarify on this.
As nadav pointed out, vcpu and ram need to fit Cisco templates.
Disk is completely customizable based on the storage you want. I'll add the warning though that you don't want smaller disks than reccomended in the ISE admin guides. We often deploy shared pan/mnt or mnt nodes from ISO because of this.

So yes, the supported method of choosing your own disk size requires an install from the ISO.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Sure you can,

Just make sure the settings are supported by Cisco, and to update your CPU + RAM reservations. Also keep in mind that changing disk space requires reimaging ISE. 

Hi @Nadav,

But what if user wants to have customized settings like much higher CPU, memory, and/or disk space, I need to use ISO image right?

Thanks

In that case you tell the user that it may be both unsupported by TAC, and
untested by Cisco.

An OVA is basically an ISO/VMDK with an answer file. You can change it
after it's deployed .

But changing the resources out of supported specs is a bad idea.

Just to clarify on this.
As nadav pointed out, vcpu and ram need to fit Cisco templates.
Disk is completely customizable based on the storage you want. I'll add the warning though that you don't want smaller disks than reccomended in the ISE admin guides. We often deploy shared pan/mnt or mnt nodes from ISO because of this.

So yes, the supported method of choosing your own disk size requires an install from the ISO.