Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - Prevent multiple self registration for the guest access

Ahmad Murad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to enable the self registration feature for the guest access through the ISE for limited time (1 hour), but is there anyway to prevent the user from doing new registration after the time expires for the 1st account?

As example, I need to give the guest user an account for 1 hour per a day, once the time expires, I need to block him (MAC address) for 24 hours? is this scenario supported on the ISE?

Is there anything we can do with the Blocked endpoints to support this scenario?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You may want to look at the time profile -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_guest_pol.html#wp1482336

If you are trying to prevent another guest account from being created then you are out of luck as i dont think the time profile is device specific as it is user specfic.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Thanks for the reply, but I'm really seeking the feature of prevent multiple self registration for the same user, and I don't think that it is available right now.

The only working idea here is blocking the MAC address for the machine doing the registration because everytime the user will be able to register with new email address or mobile phone.

Also one feature can be interested here, that the user can do self registration with Phone mandatory so the ISE will send SMS to the user with the credentails to use.

Thanks.

Ahmad.

Ahmad, were you able to implement your solution? because i need to implement the same.

Please assist in case you have the details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: