cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Rodelanuit
Beginner

ISE Provisionning

Hi all,

I currently test Cisco ISE virtual appliance and I have some question about functionnalities and provisionning.

I already bind my ISE appliance with a windows server 2008 enterprise to realize SCEP. I begin with this product, so I commit maybe some mistakes.

1. To use guest portal, is-it possible to access without url-redirect-acl ? In my opinion, it's not possible because ISE don't accept request without the good session-id.

2. Can we use url-redirect-acl on a autonomous access point ? or only with WLC ?

3. How Cisco Network Setup assistant (Android apps) detect my ISE ?

4. There are other possibilites to do provisionning except Guest portal ?

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jw.sl9
Beginner

Responses inline

Rodelanuit wrote:

Hi all,

I currently test Cisco ISE virtual appliance and I have some question about functionnalities and provisionning.

I already bind my ISE appliance with a windows server 2008 enterprise to realize SCEP. I begin with this product, so I commit maybe some mistakes.

1. To use guest portal, is-it possible to access without url-redirect-acl ? In my opinion, it's not possible because ISE don't accept request without the good session-id.

No.

2. Can we use url-redirect-acl on a autonomous access point ? or only with WLC ?

WLC only.

See the following (same page):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_client_prov.html#wp1054662

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_client_prov.html#wp1254747

The ISE Admin portal can provision Guests or Active Guests as desired. The administrator just needs to greate accounts with that are in a Guest group.  There is the Sponsor Portal as well (mentioning as that is technically different than the Guest Portal)

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Please rate post you consider useful.

-James

I hope you find this information useful, if it was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful. -James

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jw.sl9
Beginner

Responses inline

Rodelanuit wrote:

Hi all,

No.

WLC only.

See the following (same page):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_client_prov.html#wp1054662

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_client_prov.html#wp1254747

The ISE Admin portal can provision Guests or Active Guests as desired. The administrator just needs to greate accounts with that are in a Guest group.  There is the Sponsor Portal as well (mentioning as that is technically different than the Guest Portal)

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Please rate post you consider useful.

-James

I hope you find this information useful, if it was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful. -James

View solution in original post

Hi James,

Thanks for your information.

My question 4 wasn't enough specific. To be more specific, is-it possible to realize scep enrollement with My Android and Cisco Agent without WLC ?

Content for Community-Ad