Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Provisionning

Rodelanuit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I currently test Cisco ISE virtual appliance and I have some question about functionnalities and provisionning.

I already bind my ISE appliance with a windows server 2008 enterprise to realize SCEP. I begin with this product, so I commit maybe some mistakes.

1. To use guest portal, is-it possible to access without url-redirect-acl ? In my opinion, it's not possible because ISE don't accept request without the good session-id.

2. Can we use url-redirect-acl on a autonomous access point ? or only with WLC ?

3. How Cisco Network Setup assistant (Android apps) detect my ISE ?

4. There are other possibilites to do provisionning except Guest portal ?

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jw.sl9
Level 1
Level 1

Responses inline

Rodelanuit wrote:

Hi all,

I currently test Cisco ISE virtual appliance and I have some question about functionnalities and provisionning.

I already bind my ISE appliance with a windows server 2008 enterprise to realize SCEP. I begin with this product, so I commit maybe some mistakes.

1. To use guest portal, is-it possible to access without url-redirect-acl ? In my opinion, it's not possible because ISE don't accept request without the good session-id.

No.

2. Can we use url-redirect-acl on a autonomous access point ? or only with WLC ?

WLC only.

See the following (same page):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_client_prov.html#wp1054662

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_client_prov.html#wp1254747

The ISE Admin portal can provision Guests or Active Guests as desired. The administrator just needs to greate accounts with that are in a Guest group.  There is the Sponsor Portal as well (mentioning as that is technically different than the Guest Portal)

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Please rate post you consider useful.

-James

I hope you find this information useful, if it was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful. -James

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jw.sl9
Level 1
Level 1

Responses inline

Rodelanuit wrote:

Hi all,

No.

WLC only.

See the following (same page):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_client_prov.html#wp1054662

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_client_prov.html#wp1254747

The ISE Admin portal can provision Guests or Active Guests as desired. The administrator just needs to greate accounts with that are in a Guest group.  There is the Sponsor Portal as well (mentioning as that is technically different than the Guest Portal)

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Please rate post you consider useful.

-James

I hope you find this information useful, if it was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful. -James

Hi James,

Thanks for your information.

My question 4 wasn't enough specific. To be more specific, is-it possible to realize scep enrollement with My Android and Cisco Agent without WLC ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: