Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Radius & TACACS

Anukalp S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been running ISE 2.0 and wireless users on Cisco wireless controller are being authenticated through RADIUS  setup on ISE which is integrated with Active Directory and users get authenticated with AD credentials.

Now I also want to setup TACACS on ISE for our network devices so that network administrators can login on network devices with their AD account also.

I am concern if ISE can be configured for both RADIUS and TACACS, could you please confirm whether it is possible on ISE.

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there. Yes, the same ISE server/deployment can run all services including TACACS+. What you need to make sure though is that the deployment is scaled properly. If it is a fairly small deployment then you should be good to go. However, if this is for a larger deployment then you probably want to dedicated PSN for TACACS+.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anukalp,

Yes ISE 2.0 supports both radius and Tacacs+ and would be able to configure both the protocols.

You can check this links as well:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/200208-Configure-ISE-2-0-IOS-TACACS-Authentic.html

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

Thanks Aditya .. I will go to deploy this and get back incase of any chanllenges.