Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE re-applying Traditional License on re-imaged ISE SNS nodes

aarav
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are re-imaging ISE nodes from 2.2 to 2.6 deployment using the same SNS appliance hardware.

Currently, we are on a Traditional license with a license based on primary and secondary PAN Node.

How is the license transfer going to work? Please advise

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I assume you meant you are NOT changing the hardware?

When generated, the ISE licenses are tied to the Serial Number of the Primary and Secondary PAN nodes. If you're wiping and reimaging the hardware appliances, the SN should not change. After rebuilding the ISE nodes, you should be able to re-apply the license files you already have. If you no longer have the license files, you'll need to open a TAC case with the licensing team and provide the original PAK or order information.

If you have Device Admin licenses, the model changed in ISE 2.4 to require a license for each PSN that will provide TACACS+ services. When upgrading from pre-2.4, the upgrade process should take care of 'grandfathering' the cluster for the new model. If you're reimaging, however, you will need to open a TAC case with the licensing team and provide the original PAK or order. They will need to cut new licenses in the new model.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/how-do-i-rehost-my-existing-ise-license-s-onto-a-new-or/ta-p/3632248

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi ,

We are changing the hardware, but just re-imaging the ISE nodes from 2.2 to 2.6

I assume you meant you are NOT changing the hardware?

When generated, the ISE licenses are tied to the Serial Number of the Primary and Secondary PAN nodes. If you're wiping and reimaging the hardware appliances, the SN should not change. After rebuilding the ISE nodes, you should be able to re-apply the license files you already have. If you no longer have the license files, you'll need to open a TAC case with the licensing team and provide the original PAK or order information.

If you have Device Admin licenses, the model changed in ISE 2.4 to require a license for each PSN that will provide TACACS+ services. When upgrading from pre-2.4, the upgrade process should take care of 'grandfathering' the cluster for the new model. If you're reimaging, however, you will need to open a TAC case with the licensing team and provide the original PAK or order. They will need to cut new licenses in the new model.

Thanks for the clarification Greg....