Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE repository on local disk

aniiyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a local repository for upgrade bundles, URT etc. on the host that houses my standalone ISE VM. I am wondering what path works for this - I created one called localiserepo on the host datastore, however, whenever I reference it in ISE in my repo, I cannot find the files I saved on it. Wondering what I'm obviously doing wrong here. 

Any help would be valuable. Thanks. 

AK Iyer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're looking to enter just a "/" in the path field if doing this from the GUI. If you put the file in a folder then you add the folder name you created.  

Edit: to add, this references the localdisk within ISE you see if you are on the CLI and issue a "dir" command.  If you are referring to the datastore in the vmware level, outside of the VM, then that's not possible to map.  You have to FTP a file over to this localdisk first or call it directly from an FTP/SFTP repo. 

local diskrepo.PNGlocal repo.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're looking to enter just a "/" in the path field if doing this from the GUI. If you put the file in a folder then you add the folder name you created.  

Edit: to add, this references the localdisk within ISE you see if you are on the CLI and issue a "dir" command.  If you are referring to the datastore in the vmware level, outside of the VM, then that's not possible to map.  You have to FTP a file over to this localdisk first or call it directly from an FTP/SFTP repo. 

local diskrepo.PNGlocal repo.PNG

Because i have been working on this myself very recently, i can add to this that the directory you chose in the GUI, should also be created separately via CLI.

Unfortunately when you create the local disk repo via the GUI, it's not done automatically on system level.

So you should login to your ISE node via CLI and do 'mkdir disk:/FILES' for instance, to create FILES directory, only then you can reference the /FILES directory via the repository in the GUI.

m.cucchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi put in my configuration version 2.4 ISE following command:

copy ftp://192.168.1.118/ise-upgradebundle-2.2.x-2.6.x-to-2.7.0.356.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz disk:/FILES/

Where 192..... (my ftp server) and i create a folder FILES in ISE CLI withj command mkdir disk:/FILES/

Hope this help

Massimo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: