Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Self Registration and Guest Access in Two Clicks

Keith Simmons
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Experts,

My Customer is testing both Cisco and another competitors Guest Portal Capabilities and has informed me that Cisco's Guest Portal takes 3 clicks to get Guests on-boarded to the network while the competitors can do it with 2 clicks.

My ask is can we bypass the Registration Success Page via Scripting just like weve done with the script (Login page auto-redirect to create an account page) so that we can match the two click requirement to win this POV. I do understand that scripting is not a permanent fix and that we should recommend guest portal customization but for now we need to show our customer that we are flexible with or portal offerings.

Current Guest Flow is done with 3 clicks -> Self-Registration-> Self-Registration Success Page -> Click Continue to log in

1. Guest User connects to Guest Wifi

2. Guest User redirects to Sponsor Registration ( the login page is bypassed per the script provided by jason kunst

3. Registration Success Page

4. Guest User clicks continue and is on Guest Network

Please Advise

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes a Java Script will work for now. How do i go about getting it to apply to Customers POV?

Look under this post you had before - Additional script for doing an auto-click on self-reg success page login button

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-67264

On another note Besides a Feature Request do you think the ISE portal Builder or a Customer developed Customized Guest Portal would solve this issue?

• The portal builder doesn’t have this as a native option. Customized developed customized guest portals are javascript, this is the official way, there is no easy way for a customer to develop their own portal to integrate with ISE.

I am asking because the customer views scripts as a workaround and not a permanent solution and i would like to make a solid recommendation

The portal builder and many options on the community use javascript, we can’t possibly integrate all the features asked for

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Replied inline here, how are you proposing we reduce the final click? See below

My ask is can we bypass the Registration Success Page via Scripting just like weve done with the script (Login page auto-redirect to create an account page<https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-67264>) so that we can match the two click requirement to win this POV. I do understand that scripting is not a permanent fix and that we should recommend guest portal customization but for now we need to show our customer that we are flexible with or portal offerings.

JAK > scripting is customization and this is all we have right now without a feature (please reach out to our PM, Ameet Kulkarni for requests)

Current Guest Flow is done with 3 clicks -> Self-Registration-> Self-Registration Success Page -> Click Continue to log in

1. Guest User connects to Guest Wifi

2. Guest User redirects to Sponsor Registration ( the login page is bypassed per the script provided by jason kunst

3. Registration Success Page

4. Guest User clicks continue and is on Guest Network

JAK > would javacript that clicks the continue button help?

Yes a Java Script will work for now. How do i go about getting it to apply to Customers POV?

On another note Besides a Feature Request do you think the ISE portal Builder or a Customer developed Customized Guest Portal would solve this issue?

I am asking because the customer views scripts as a workaround and not a permanent solution and i would like to make a solid recommendation

Thanks

Look under this post you had before - Additional script for doing an auto-click on self-reg success page login button

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-67264

• The portal builder doesn’t have this as a native option. Customized developed customized guest portals are javascript, this is the official way, there is no easy way for a customer to develop their own portal to integrate with ISE.

The portal builder and many options on the community use javascript, we can’t possibly integrate all the features asked for

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: