cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Smart Licensing consumption Behaviour

irqayyum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My customer recently upgraded from classic licences to smart licensing. The licensing team has helped us convert all the PAKs. The issue we have is when the customer login to the Admin portal of ISE, they are not able to see the consumption count for each of the licenses. Can you please let me know if this is an expected behaviour because we don’t have evaluation licenses but we have full licenses?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

That is the behavior I see in all my customers running Smart Licensing.  If they log into the Smart Dashboard you see the consumption there.

With smart licensing you can have your licensing spread across multiple deployments. You don't assign licenses to an ISE deployment you just load the licensing into the Smart Dashboard and any registered ISE deployment can consume them as needed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

paul
Level 10
Level 10

That is the behavior I see in all my customers running Smart Licensing.  If they log into the Smart Dashboard you see the consumption there.

With smart licensing you can have your licensing spread across multiple deployments. You don't assign licenses to an ISE deployment you just load the licensing into the Smart Dashboard and any registered ISE deployment can consume them as needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: