Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Sonus device RADIUS integration

vaibhgupta157
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate Sonus device with ISE. I have created profile in ISE with following attributes.

Access Type = ACCESS_ACCEPT
VendorSpecific = Vendor ID=2879

Sonus suggested that RADIUS Access-Accept packet should return the following:

RADIUS Protocol

Code: Access-Accept (2)

Packet identifier: 0x1 (1)

Length: 41

Authenticator: e5e3b89c308061b1237bf678be059cd1

[This is a response to a request in frame 1]

[Time from request: 0.000233000 seconds]

Attribute Value Pairs

AVP: t=Vendor-Specific(26) l=21 vnd=Sonus Networks, Inc.(2879)

Type: 26

Length: 21

Vendor ID: Sonus Networks, Inc. (2879)

VSA: t=Unknown-Attribute(1) l=15 val=41646d696e6973747261746f72

Type: 1

Length: 15

Unknown-Attribute: 41646d696e6973747261746f72

With above created profile I am getting error "15019 Could not find selected Authorization Profiles" as in attachment. How we can add above mentioned attributes in RADIUS response packet?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As far as I can see you have done everything correct.  It smells like a bug to me.  The issue is not with Sonus because ISE is not even getting as far as processing the Authorization Policy.  The Attribute value=1 will be sent as a STRING - that all looks good to me.

I have seen a similar bug before in ISE 2.2 or 2.3 regarding TACACS policies - I was configuring  Policy but ISE didn't seem to recognise it.

My IT help-desk answer would be:  "Are you able to do an application ise stop/start?" ;-)

Failing that - delete the Authorization Policy and re-add it.  That might re-program it.

If all else fails, TAC .... :-( - but either way, please let us know how you get on.  This should not be tricky at all.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@vaibhgupta157 - did you find an answer to this?

What does your Authorization Rule look like (can you screen capture it ?) -  I am interested to see what you have defined as the Result Profile for that Rule.  And then in another screenshot show the contents of that Results Profile please.

How did you define the VSA?  I would imagine it looks something like what I have below?

ISE-sonus.PNG

One thing to remember is that when you add the Sonus NAS to ISE, you need to give it a Vendor type.  What vendor type did you give it?  If, e.g. you left the default of "Cisco" then that's fine, but then the Result Profile has to either also be of type "Cisco" or "blank".

And then you would use a Result Profile like below in your Authorization Rule

ise-sonus2.PNG

Hi Arne,

Thanks for your response

Please find the screenshot of Sonus dictionary attribute:

SonusDict.JPG

I have created following authorization profile

AuthorizProfile.JPG

and the screenshot of authorization rule:

AuthorizationRule.JPG

I added NAS with device profile "Cisco" and Result Profile is also "Cisco". But still it is failing

Looks like this is a custom dictionary. Did you contact Sonus TAC on what they would be expecting from the RADIUS server ?

This is a custom dictionary.

Sonus document talks about radius attributes in following document under "Obtain Correct Privileges via RADIUS Transaction" section

https://support.sonus.net/display/SBXDOC51/Configuring+SBC+for+RADIUS+Authentication#ConfiguringSBCforRADIUSAuthentication-privileges

As per Sonus TAC team, 

ACCESS_ACCEPT response from ISE should carry following:

Code: Access-Accept (2)

Packet identifier: 0x1 (1)

Length: 41

Authenticator: e5e3b89c308061b1237bf678be059cd1

[This is a response to a request in frame 1]

[Time from request: 0.000233000 seconds]

Attribute Value Pairs

AVP: t=Vendor-Specific(26) l=21 vnd=Sonus Networks, Inc.(2879)

Type: 26

Length: 21

Vendor ID: Sonus Networks, Inc. (2879)

VSA: t=Unknown-Attribute(1) l=15 val=41646d696e6973747261746f72

Type: 1

Length: 15

Unknown-Attribute: 41646d696e6973747261746f72

There is no mention of VSA which should carry group information. Also I tried with Vendor Specific attribute[26] specified in RFC 2865 but ISE responds with ACCESS_REJECT 

In got ISE to send the attribute as per the document. See below:

[cid:image001.png@01D4A9CE.5EC23510]

[cid:image002.png@01D4A9CE.5EC23510]
[cid:image003.png@01D4A9CE.5EC23510]

[cid:image004.png@01D4A9CE.5EC23510]

image001.png

image002.pngimage003.pngimage004.png

As far as I can see you have done everything correct.  It smells like a bug to me.  The issue is not with Sonus because ISE is not even getting as far as processing the Authorization Policy.  The Attribute value=1 will be sent as a STRING - that all looks good to me.

I have seen a similar bug before in ISE 2.2 or 2.3 regarding TACACS policies - I was configuring  Policy but ISE didn't seem to recognise it.

My IT help-desk answer would be:  "Are you able to do an application ise stop/start?" ;-)

Failing that - delete the Authorization Policy and re-add it.  That might re-program it.

If all else fails, TAC .... :-( - but either way, please let us know how you get on.  This should not be tricky at all.

Hi All, 

We got it working...

TAC Engineer created a separate Network Device Profile.

SonusProfile.JPG

Assigned this profile in device instead of Cisco

Authorization Profile is created with attribute "Sonus-Groups":

AuthProfile.JPG

Thanks all.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: