Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Sponsor Portal Known Account Customisation

NWJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We use A HTML script to allow all domains to create guest account except the compny ones as explained in section "Restrict the email address entered when creating a known account" in the following post:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-sponsor-portal-create-known-accounts-page-customization/ta-p/3636414#toc-hId--652802968 

It works currently but I attempted to amend it to include additional domains that we now have in place but it did not take effect when amended and saved it then run a test URL.

Am I missing something when implementing it? Do i need to restart the service when I amend or is there a limitation on the amount of domains allowed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached a sample of it.

3 Replies 3

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you Enable Portal Customization with HTML and JavaScript ?

You have customized the original script.

Did it work if you simply change the list of domains from

var domains = ["domain1","domain2","domain3"];

to

var domains = ["x.co.uk","x.com","x.com","x.com","x.com"];

and nothing else?

Do you get errors on the web console? What are the errors?

The list of domains is just a JavaScript list - there should be no limit other than your browser's memory & CPU.

The version in use currently has only two domains defined and works as I would like, i.e. presents a message when the domains are entered:

$('.emailAddress').val("");
var domains = ["jjj.co.uk","jjj.com"];

I did not see any errors. Granted i'm no javascript expert so I'm not entirely sure where I would check for errors but upon the saving the amendment with the additional domains, there was no change. Still presented message for the original two domains but not for any of the additional.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, I don't see anything syntactically wrong with your one line of JavaScript.but you are only showing the two working domains and not with the third that is failing.

Very strange that it would fail by adding ,"anotherdomain.com" to the list.

There are additional things you could do to troubleshoot JavaScript with forms, even outside of ISE before putting it in ISE.

Try to find a coder to help out?