Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE TimeZone Change Question

Quintin.Mayo
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

We noticed in the live logs the time is an hour off. We checked the time via CLI and it is an hour off as well like the GUI. When configuring the nodes we used EST instead of EST5EDT or America/New_York. Is there a safe way to change the time zone without causing problems in the environment? We are using NTP for time synchronization. I have found some information in the forum that some where able to change the TimeZone without incident.  The link below inform the ISE appliance will become unusable, can someone confirm the impact of changing the TimeZone after deployment? I also read Cisco does not support changing the TimeZone? Links to the information found below. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/policy-and-access/ise-clock-question/td-p/2318635

https://community.cisco.com/t5/identity-services-engine-ise/change-ise-2-1-timezone/m-p/3549624#235410

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

"app reset-config ise" does reset the ISE configurations back to factory default so please take an ISE CFG backup before hand and also the certificates, etc.

The fix for CSCvo49755 is planned for the next patch releases -- 2.4 Patch 11, 2.6 Patch 4, and 2.7 Patch 1.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Some of the forum postings are a bit dated now.  What version of ISE are you using?

I tried changing the timezone from Australia/Queensland to Australia/Melbourne and ISE 2.4 and 2.6 tell me that it's not possible

ise01/admin# show timezone
Australia/Queensland
ise01/admin# conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
ise01/admin(config)# clock timezone Australia/Melbourne
Setting the timezone via CLI is not supported.
ise01/admin(config)#

Maybe others have a better suggestion.

If all else fails, rather than re-building the node, you can reset it to factory defaults and then choose the timezone during wizard setup.  

application reset-config ise

Using this method would it not erase whatever is already there on the node?

"app reset-config ise" does reset the ISE configurations back to factory default so please take an ISE CFG backup before hand and also the certificates, etc.

The fix for CSCvo49755 is planned for the next patch releases -- 2.4 Patch 11, 2.6 Patch 4, and 2.7 Patch 1.

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Changing timezone is not supported. 

We have an enhancement defect for it . CSCvo49755

As for the enhancement, why would someone remove such a basic feature and then release an enhancement to restore such a basic feature?
What was the thought process behind removing it in the first place?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: