Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE troubleshooting with CLI and log files

nolanrumble
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm looking for some assistance please. I'm struggling to find a table which details what each log file's purpose is on the CLI. For example:

What log files must I look at to troubleshoot active directory issues?

What log files must I look at to troubleshoot replication issues across the ISE deployment?

What log files must I look at to troubleshoot patch upgrade status on a particular node?

I'm looking for something like this:

Log file name

Function/purpose

replication.log

All replication status/updates that happen throughout the ISE deployment and any errors that might occur.

This information would need to cover both system and application based logs.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Nolan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your customers are experiencing these issues, it's best to open TAC cases. The reports, live logs, and log sessions are what for customers whereas the debug logs are mainly for TAC, etc. If customers preferring to troubleshoot themselves, then the debug log file names imply the areas they are for. Often, we would need to cross reference multiple debug log files from different nodes so TAC assistance is preferred.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your customers are experiencing these issues, it's best to open TAC cases. The reports, live logs, and log sessions are what for customers whereas the debug logs are mainly for TAC, etc. If customers preferring to troubleshoot themselves, then the debug log file names imply the areas they are for. Often, we would need to cross reference multiple debug log files from different nodes so TAC assistance is preferred.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: