Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE upgrade to 3.0 error.

I have a test VM we spin up to test new ISE versions. We are currently on 2.6 patch 8 and had tested 2.7 patch 4. We wanted to test 3.0, but when we tried to update from 2.6, we got an error that it couldn't extract the package, I updated to 2.7 and get an error that it will only take the 3.1 update?

I mean, yes I can try to build the VM as 3.0 and restore backup, but wanted to test upgrading and this is just bad on the amount of problems.

How has anyone else tried 3.0, or just build/reformat?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Dustin Anderson,

Have you tried with CLI commands ('application upgrade prepare' and application upgrade proceed')?

You should also apply latest patch 10 for v2.6, as it is always recommended to apply latest patch before upgrade.

I did inline upgrade to ISE 3.0, but from 2.7 with some patch (that was latest at that time), and form 2.4 patch 14, never from 2.6.

BR,

Milos

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Dustin Anderson,

Have you tried with CLI commands ('application upgrade prepare' and application upgrade proceed')?

You should also apply latest patch 10 for v2.6, as it is always recommended to apply latest patch before upgrade.

I did inline upgrade to ISE 3.0, but from 2.7 with some patch (that was latest at that time), and form 2.4 patch 14, never from 2.6.

BR,

Milos

I got the same error through command line, so I went and re-downloaded the file and this seems to be working. first must have been corrupted, but not sure on the 3.1 error. Right now it looks to have extracted vial CLI and verifying signatures currently, so farther than before.

ise-t/admin# application upgrade ise-upgradebundle-2.4.x-2.7.x-to-3.0.0.458.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz NetOps
Save the current ADE-OS running configuration? (yes/no) [yes] ?
Generating configuration...
Saved the ADE-OS running configuration to startup successfully

Getting bundle to local machine...
Unbundling Application Package...
% Unable to unbundle the package. It should be in tar.gz file format
ise-t/admin#