cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE v2.4.9 - ERS REST API - ERS-Media-Type Header

mcoakley0904
Level 1
Level 1

I have written a Python client that accesses the ISE ERS API. The client was originally written against an ISE v2.0 server which was only available as XML. ISE v2.0 did not have the ERS-Media-Type header and the resource version you wanted to receive was specified via the Accept header. I am now updating my ISE client code to work with the ISE v2.4 server but still want to maintain backward compatibility (which the client works off of a parser version so it was built for this functionality originally) and now I must use the ERS-Media-Type header to indicate the resource version I would like to receive. At least that is how I read it from the ERS SDK documentation.

However, my experience is something very different. If I try to retrieve an Endpoint resource with my ERS-Media-Type set to "identity.endpoint.1.0" or "identity.endpoint.1.1" or "identity.endpoint.1.2" I get the same result no matter what - always the v1.2 resource version. To be 100% clear, this is my initial testing and I am specifically talking about issuing a Get-All at the ERS path /user/config/endpoint with no qualifiers. Given this experience I am thinking either (a) I don't understand the purpose of the ERS-Media-Type header, (b) the Get-All doesn't respect this or works differently, or (c) the ERS API isn't working as expected. I can verify that the ERS-Media-Type header is getting passed by generating an error when I set it to an invalid value.

Does anyone have any additional insight into this issue?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Replies 0