Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Version upgrade from 2.2

rajcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I recently installed ISE 2.2 in virtual distributed mode (2 PAN and 2 PSN), I hit the bug implementing Flex ACL using WLC, and TAC suggested to upgrade WLC code and also the ISE code to 2.3 to be compatible with new WLC code :(, kindly suggest me whether its good to move with ISE 2.3 or ISE 2.4, also ISE 2.4 requires additional license cost for Device administration per deployment

And is there any major difference between ISE 2.3 and ISE 2.4? Also i've noticed CISCO already released ISE 2.5 Beta.

Will there be a need to upgrade from 2.3 (if its better now) in short time, maybe a year?

Please let me know the suggestion, thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cory Peterson
Level 5
Level 5

I would recommend 2.4 Patch 4 (As long as you are not using Multi-Forest Domain, https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvm93698/) as it is the Long Term Support release and "Hopefully" will be the recommended release soon.

Also, if you already have the License for the Device Admin on 2.2, there is no additional cost to upgrade as the licenses are converted when you upgrade. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Cory Peterson
Level 5
Level 5

I would recommend 2.4 Patch 4 (As long as you are not using Multi-Forest Domain, https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvm93698/) as it is the Long Term Support release and "Hopefully" will be the recommended release soon.

Also, if you already have the License for the Device Admin on 2.2, there is no additional cost to upgrade as the licenses are converted when you upgrade. 

Thank you Cory for the quick reply, and glad to know about the license part comes with no additional cost

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: