cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE3.0 unable to change -> Administration > Identity Management > Settings > User Authentication Settings

wags
Level 1
Level 1

IES 3.0 with TACACS+.  Cannot change -> Administration > Identity Management > Settings > User Authentication Settings.

I can change/add/delete other objects in Administration > Identity Management >  in the Identities and groups areas.

The web interface accepts my selection (check box etc.) and when I save, the web page "blinks" like it is going to accept the changes, but there is neve a reply form the server saying that it updated.  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you are a SuperUser and not some other ISE Admin Group member with limited admin RBAC capabilities (Administration > System > Admin Access > Administrator > Admin Groups).

Suggest clearing your browser cache and even trying another browser.

If it persists, call TAC since there isn't enough information to troubleshoot this further here.

View solution in original post

wags
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC case a day or two after posting this because there were no, I've seen that replies.  I hate to open a TAC case and have it be something stupid.

I left a lot out of the original post.  The admin account is fine.  I can change "anything anywhere" except in that specific "flow".  At least that I know of, I doubt I've really been "everywhere" in the GUI.   For sure everything "left and right" of the above mentioned web page was edited successfully. It really looks like the migration tool somehow messed up the DB.  We have 2 machines (stand alone) to be made into a deployment.  One is "clean" the other had the migration tool used on it.  Everything went well with the migration based on logs etc.  I though we would be production in a couple days.  Then I ran into this.  The 2nd machine (the "clean" one) everything works as expected a comparable admin account.  So it is not the "Base install" issue.   

Thanks to both of you for suggestions.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @wags ,

try to use the Browser's Developer Tools (for ex.: to access the Developer Tool for Google Chrome, use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-I) to check the info exchange during the "save process".

Hope this helps !!!

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you are a SuperUser and not some other ISE Admin Group member with limited admin RBAC capabilities (Administration > System > Admin Access > Administrator > Admin Groups).

Suggest clearing your browser cache and even trying another browser.

If it persists, call TAC since there isn't enough information to troubleshoot this further here.

wags
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC case a day or two after posting this because there were no, I've seen that replies.  I hate to open a TAC case and have it be something stupid.

I left a lot out of the original post.  The admin account is fine.  I can change "anything anywhere" except in that specific "flow".  At least that I know of, I doubt I've really been "everywhere" in the GUI.   For sure everything "left and right" of the above mentioned web page was edited successfully. It really looks like the migration tool somehow messed up the DB.  We have 2 machines (stand alone) to be made into a deployment.  One is "clean" the other had the migration tool used on it.  Everything went well with the migration based on logs etc.  I though we would be production in a couple days.  Then I ran into this.  The 2nd machine (the "clean" one) everything works as expected a comparable admin account.  So it is not the "Base install" issue.   

Thanks to both of you for suggestions.  

schwupp
Level 1
Level 1

I observed the same. Two node deployment and data migration from ACS. I also cannot save Administration > Identity Management > Settings > User Authentication Settings. Page "blinks" and when you click "settings" again, old values are there.

As i read here, that data migration probably messes up with DB, i tried: Promoting the secondary admin node to primary and reverse. After that i can save the page perfectly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: