Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 4300 ISE Compatibility

gtilburg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

ISR 4300 is not listed on the ISE network compatibility.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/compatibility/ise_sdt.html

Is this platform supporting ISE?

We are looking at AAA with 802.1x and MAB + Posture.

Many thanks

Gert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gert,

The router with no network modules only have 2 GE WAN ports (see below).  These will not support network access use case such as you would find on a switch.  If the router configuration you propose has the SM-X network, then it is supported.

Compare Models - Cisco

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gert,

The router with no network modules only have 2 GE WAN ports (see below).  These will not support network access use case such as you would find on a switch.  If the router configuration you propose has the SM-X network, then it is supported.

Compare Models - Cisco

Regards,

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

The customer was indeed planning to install the switch module for LAN connections.

Is there any limitation (documented) when using these switch modules on the 4000 ISRs?

Thx

Gert

Gert Tilburgs - CCIE R&S 21187

Network Consulting Engineer

Cisco Security Services

Phone: +3227046188 - Email: gtilburg@cisco.com

For corporate legal information go to:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html

Gert,

My research found that those modules are based on the code the 3750-X series switches run.  With that being said, there should be feature parity between those features and the network modules the 4K ISRs.

Regards,

-Tim

Hi Timothy,

Any OS version on 4k ISRs is supported? Specifically I was trying to understand if version 3.13.4S, with Rommon 16.2.1r, supports ISE.

Best Regards,

Davide

Davide,

You typically need a minimum code version to run a specific network module in ISRs.  I recommend checking the release notes for the module you intend to you.

Regards,

-Tim

OK,

thank you very much for your input