cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues after upgrading ISE 2.6 to patch 8

ryan14
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading ISE to latest patch in 2.6, my web GUI page will randomly stop working after several days. If you reboot the server, it will be fine for several days, then stop working again. Other services such as auth to the ISE server work fine, just the GUI is the problem. This was not a problem until after we installed the patch. Anyone else have this issue?

17 Replies 17

Hi @ryan14 ,

in other words, you were having issues (delays on PAN GUI, ...) and 2.7 P3 solved them, is that correct?

Any BUG ID that TAC identify that were related to your issues?

Hi @Zainal.Aljufri ,

OK, you have issues on 2.6 P8 ... I am having issues related to delay on PAN GUI on 2.7 P2 ... a possibility is the CSCvt81194 CPU spikes are being observed at policy HitCountCollector., fixed on 3.0, 2.7 P3 and 2.6 P8.

Any BUG ID that TAC identify that were related to your issues?

Regards

Thanks, do update us if you encounter any issues on 2.7 patch 3. How long have you been running this version with no issues?

To previous question, no TAC did not find any bug ID. I didn't have any choice other than to try and upgrade b/c what did I have to lose? The GUI kept crashing so the server was in a bad state as is. Worse case if it was still problematic after upgrade, then yes I would see building a new server from a base image and importing a backup.

Been running on this for almost 2 weeks. We monitor the web services and haven't had any further alarms of it being not reachable.