cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues trying to upgrade to ACS 5.4

dsolodow01
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently running ACS 5.3 Patch 7 in a VM on VMware ESXi.

I download the application upgrade bundle, and placed it in my SFTP repository, and ran "application upgrade filename repository name". It throws an error that the manifest file is not found in the bundle.

I tried putting the ACS.gz file in an FTP repository, and even in an ISO file to attach to the VM. In all cases I receive this same error.

I did verify the md5sum on the file to make sure it wasn't corrupted..

6 Replies 6

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

Please see the following thread and see if helps

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2179445

I believe that For ACS 5.4 upgrade one can not do it on top of 5.2/5.3 with less than 500gb HDD

One alternative may be to

- take a backup of ACS 5.3

- clean install of ACS 5.4

- restore the backup that was taken

I have a 500GB hard drive assigned to the VM.

I've also setup a fresh install of ACS 5.4 and tried to do the restore, but it throws the following error:

"backup file does not match installed application"

Hi Damien,

I am having the same issue when I try to restore my 5.3 data to a new 5.4 install.  Did you ever get a resolution to the problem?  thanks for the help!

What I ended up doing was applying Patch 8 to my 5.3 install and was then able to upgrade to 5.4.

Also, check your version of 5.4; they did a re-release that is 5.4.0.46.0 that solved several issues around upgrades/new installs.

Please see the following posted from another thread and related to prerequisites for upgrade

Note the release notes have been updated for 5.4 as follows and I hope this gives you the information you require

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/release/notes/acs_54_rn.html

Specifically

Upgrading an ACS Server

#

If you have either ACS 5.2 or ACS 5.3 installed on your machine, you can upgrade to ACS 5.4 using one of the following two methods:

#

Upgrading an ACS Server using the Application Upgrade Bundle

#

Reimaging and Upgrading an ACS Server

#

You can only perform an application upgrade, on either a Cisco appliance or a virtual machine, if the disk size is greater than or equal to 500 GB. If you have a smaller disk size, you need to reimage to ACS 5.4 followed by a restore of the backup taken in ACS 5.2 or ACS 5.3 version to trigger the upgrade.

#

When you upgrade from ACS 5.3, it is mandatory to have previously installed a minimum patch version of 5.3.0.4.6 prior to the upgrade or the upgrade will fail. It is recommended to install patch 5.3.40.8 prior to the upgrade. Note that ACS 5.4 does not yet include all fixes that are included in 5.3.0.40.8. Therefore, if any of these fixes are required, you should delay the upgrade until the first patch for ACS 5.4 is released.

#

See Installation and Upgrade Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.4 for information on upgrading your ACS Server.

An additional note is that the first patch for ACS 5.4 is now available and so includes all the fixes that were inlcuded in ACS 5.3 up to patch 8. Patch 1 of ACS5.4 also includes support for later Firefox versions 

I am still having the same issue:

On ACS 5.3.0.40.8 server I am running the following command:

backup acsbackup4 repository rep2

rep2 = ftp server

Backup completes successfully.

On ACS 5.4.0.46.1 server I am running the following command

Restore acsbackup4 repository rep2

The restore copied down the file (viewed via the FTP server log). and then gives the following error

"backup file does not match installed application"

The 5.3 and 5.4 server are both VMs and have been built with the same name, IP address, etc.  Not sure if that matters..