cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

L2TP and TACACS+

Hello.

I have PPTP server on my Cisco 3845 router with authentication on freeware TACACS+ server (Linux). TACACS set ACL and IP address for users.

Recently employers decide to migrate to L2TP over IPsec. Moreover old PPTP server should work.

Can I use TACACS server for authenticate L2TP users?

I have config like this on TACACS.

user = user1 {

chap = cleartext "password"

member = vpdn

service = ppp protocol = ip {

addr = 172.20.20.200

inacl=2005

}

}

Sorry for my Enflish.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rising star

L2TP and TACACS+

Please see the below documnet. This document describes how to configure Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol (L2TP)       with TACACS+. It includes sample configurations for L2TP Access Concentrator       (LAC) TACACS+ servers, L2TP Network Server (LNS) TACACS+ servers, and routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080118d5f.shtml

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Rising star

L2TP and TACACS+

Please see the below documnet. This document describes how to configure Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol (L2TP)       with TACACS+. It includes sample configurations for L2TP Access Concentrator       (LAC) TACACS+ servers, L2TP Network Server (LNS) TACACS+ servers, and routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080118d5f.shtml

View solution in original post