cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP

jm.virtual01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Nokia Router and Cisco Switches are connected. I have configured the LACP on the up links. The issue is that, once i reboot the cisco switch switch, the access ports on the switch comes up first then the up links. The negotiation between nokia and cisco takes more time and during this time my access ports comes up and try to be authenticate wit the cisco ISE but it can not reach the RADIUS server. 

Is there any way where the up links comes up first and then the access ports?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
To answer your question : Is there any way where the up links comes up first and then the access ports? No, we cannot make this happen on a Cisco switch. All the ports come up at the same time but if the negotiation takes time for the port channel to come up, that is something that is out of bounds from configuration perspective.

The way you can solve the problem is by configuring authentication events for server alive and also playing with the dot1x and radius server timeouts and retires. More information can be found in the document shared by Beacon Bits in the post below.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Beacon Bits
Level 1
Level 1

Hi jm,

You need to read upon on how Cisco 802.1x works.

There's a sequence that Cisco switches follow.. if you understand that then probably you can figure out the best way for your network.

Check the attached document.

Regards,

B

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
To answer your question : Is there any way where the up links comes up first and then the access ports? No, we cannot make this happen on a Cisco switch. All the ports come up at the same time but if the negotiation takes time for the port channel to come up, that is something that is out of bounds from configuration perspective.

The way you can solve the problem is by configuring authentication events for server alive and also playing with the dot1x and radius server timeouts and retires. More information can be found in the document shared by Beacon Bits in the post below.