Views
Helpful
Replies

License migration from 2.x model to 3.0

ibrahimbadr4669
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have 500 Apex, and 500 Plus and 500 Base, and I will migrate to model 3, which straight forward that those will give me 500 Primer. However, I found that "After October 31, 2023, those customers who have not migrated yet can continue to use Base licenses on 2.x. However, if a customer wishes to migrate from 2.x to 3.x, they will need to purchase Essentials licenses."

Unfortunately will migrate after 31 oct 2023, this mean that the base license will expired, so 500 Apex and 500 Plus will give the same 500 primer or should purchase the base/essential to do the conversation 

Thanks and BR;

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, and this is due to old lego-based licensing model. Service that required Apex license must use one Base as well. but this is no stopper for you. If you have Apex license which expires in December 2025. you can migrate that one to Premier one with same expiration date.

Kind regards,

Milos

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ibrahimbadr4669,

If your existing Apex and Plus licenses are set to expire beyond October 31st 2023. then you can still migrate, and your new Premier license will have same expiry date as existing Apex one. If you don't have Apex/Plus licenses, then you'll need to buy new Essentials/Advantage/Premier license once you are ready to go with migration.

This date was set for users who wish to start with migration, and their Base license was converted till October 31st 2023. (there was an promo in which you got additional 1 year).

Kind regards,

Milos

Dear @Milos_Jovanovic 

thanks alot for your reply, however as below pic, is the base necessary to have primer one ?

ibrahimbadr4669_0-1695641369911.png

Thanks and BR;

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, and this is due to old lego-based licensing model. Service that required Apex license must use one Base as well. but this is no stopper for you. If you have Apex license which expires in December 2025. you can migrate that one to Premier one with same expiration date.

Kind regards,

Milos