cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging into ISE via Okta

steve.berglund
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. Is it possible to log into ISE admin via Okta? Using ISE 3.2. The idea would be to have a tile in Okta that would be used to log into ISE to admin the deployment. I see guides for using Okta for guest portal, is the config the same and just point admin access to Okta instead of something like AD?

I also see in Katherine and Aarons 300-715 book that a SAML ID store is not available for admin login as of 2.6, is that still the case?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, ISE 3.2 supports using SAML IdP for the Admin portal login. See the Admin Guide for the steps to configure it.

This flow will use external authentication but internal authorization, so you will need to add the Group defined for the assertion to the relevant ISE RBAC Admin Group as an External group.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, ISE 3.2 supports using SAML IdP for the Admin portal login. See the Admin Guide for the steps to configure it.

This flow will use external authentication but internal authorization, so you will need to add the Group defined for the assertion to the relevant ISE RBAC Admin Group as an External group.

steve.berglund
Level 1
Level 1

Sad part is I completely missed that. Good stuff, thanks for the response.