Views
Helpful
Replies

Make a smartport stay closed

Koldts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We are trying to make our network fully 802.1x compliant, and one of the only subjects we need is our IoT Trunk ports.

I have followed this guide to create our Flex AP trunks to work on 802.1x ports, it works flawlessly.

https://www.wiresandwi.fi/blog/cisco-ise-flexconnect-access-point-auto-smartport-trunk-via-macro-configuration

But... Only thing i have a gripe with, is when i try to shut down the port (if the AP needs a power cycle), I shut it down, and it immediately turns back on. I understand why it does it in the macro. But is it possible to add a condition like if the LINK is disabled or administratively down, then it should stay shut?

Or is $LINKUP == YES and $LINKUP == NO the only option i have? I couldn't find any documentation for this and only found the $LINKUP == YES and $LINKUP == NO.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Koldts
Level 1
Level 1

Nevermind, i fixed it by using $AUTH_ENABLED in the $LINKUP == NO if statement.

if [[ $LINKUP == NO ]]; then
conf t
default interface $INTERFACE
interface $INTERFACE
if [[ $AUTH_ENABLED == NO ]]; then
shut
fi
description 802.1x
switchport mode access

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

the macro contains the command " default interface $INTERFACE"
this results in removing ALL interface configuration including "shutdown"
this part of the macro is triggered as a result of your shutdown command as this the same action as if you disconnected the access point

Auto SmartPort Macro (cisco.com)     describes the default variables available
Inside a user-defined macro, besides parameters specified through macro auto execute trigger
parameter-name=value .., you also can use the following variables published by EEM (Table 17-3).
Table 17-3 Variables Published by EEM
Parameter Name        Meaning
$INTERFACE              Name of the interface where the trigger event is detected.
$LINKUP                    Indicates whether the interface is up or down (true/false).
$TRIGGER                  Name of the trigger event that is raised (for example, CISCO_PHONE_EVENT).
$AUTH_ENABLED      Indicates whether 802.1X authentication is configured on the interface (true/false)

=> no default variables that you can use here, 

instead of using "default interface...."
you can replace this line by repeating all config lines in the if [[ $LINKUP == YES ]]; then section with "no " at the beginning

Koldts
Level 1
Level 1

Nevermind, i fixed it by using $AUTH_ENABLED in the $LINKUP == NO if statement.

if [[ $LINKUP == NO ]]; then
conf t
default interface $INTERFACE
interface $INTERFACE
if [[ $AUTH_ENABLED == NO ]]; then
shut
fi
description 802.1x
switchport mode access