Views
Helpful
Replies

MANAGEMENT INTERFACE IN ACS1121

muhammad feroz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I am trying to configure the Management interface on Cisco Acs 1121. when i type show run

I can only

Gigaehernet 1

Gigaehernet 2

Gigaehernet 3

Gigaehernet 4

but i can not able to see the Management interface

as you know that if you see Cisco ACS Back Panel it has 4 X Gig interface and 1 Management., I would like to configured the ip address on Mangement interface.

At the moment i have configured the ip address on Gig 0 , i can able to access ACS via Web interface.

Do i need to update the IOS in ACS device to configure the Management Interface. please answer asap. very urgent. Please look at the attachment.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

because they can't make changes in the hardware everytime, for the rest of the interfaces they are working on it (acs codes) and will put more funtionality in future codes to support new feature by using these intefaces.

don't forget ACS 5.1 is very young, there are N number of new features are lined up for this product.

HTH

Regds,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts~

~Jatin

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

You can only use the first gigabyte ethernet interface, the rest are not supported by ACS5.

Thanks for your reply.

can you let me know exactly which version does support the management interface and
any link which will explain the Update process.
Thanks for your quick reply.

Message was edited by: muhammad feroz

Thanks for your reply

Currently i have 5.1 version in my Cisco ACS 1121 appliance.

Can you let me know exactly which version does support Management Interface on Cisco 1121 appliance

and any link which explain the update process.

Only Gigabit Ethernet 0 is supported, rest all ports are blocked, this is not gonna work by upgrading the software or firmware.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/installation/guide/csacs_hw_ins.html#wp1119105

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

Dear  Katyal

Thanks for your reply,

1. i just want to know if the interfaces are blocked, than why cisco company added those interfaces?

2. actually i need at least 2 interface ->   one for management and 2nd for Live network,  Is there any other appliance which support 2 interfaces.?

3.so, you menat to say that In the ACS 1121  there is no chance i can get 2 interfaces.?

Please reply to my questions. thanks for your help.

because they can't make changes in the hardware everytime, for the rest of the interfaces they are working on it (acs codes) and will put more funtionality in future codes to support new feature by using these intefaces.

don't forget ACS 5.1 is very young, there are N number of new features are lined up for this product.

HTH

Regds,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts~

~Jatin

Dear Katyal

Thanks for your reply &

Conclusion :

Cisco ACS 1121 In 5 interfaces (1 x management & 4 x network interfaces)

it support only 1 interfaces which is E0.  it does  not support 1 x management and 3 x rest of network interaces at the moment.

May be in future it may support.

Please reply to this email, what i menionted is correct or not?

Your understanding is correct.

Rgds, Jatin

~Jatin

Hello Friends,

I am installing new ACS 1121 and found same thing, does anyone knows does ACS 1121 supports mgmt interface now oe still it only supports only eth0 interface.

Please confirm asap. Thanks.

Ajay

ACS versions 5.0 up to 5.3 only support one interface, regardless of how many are present on the appliance.

Hi,

Thank you very much. It was really quick, I was wondering they why Cisco is providing so many interafces with BOX in case we can not use them, It is just creating confusions ?

Also I am installing new appliance Cisco 1121 and wanted some basic configuration help using which I can wuickly configure the basic things like backup logging n all. In case someone has quick guide, it will be really nice for me.

Regards

Ajay

Hi Ajay,

Here is the link that you can follow: It has some common scenarios.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/user/guide/common_scenarios.html

Here is the link that you can refer for backup

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/user/guide/admin_operations.html

- for logs you can go to reports and monitoring> catalog> aaa protocols> click on any of the following>

radius authentication

radius authorization

tacacs authentication

tacacs authorization

similarly options are available for accounting as well.

Let me know if it helped

Regards

Minakshi

Do rate helpful posts