cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate MnT database alone

manvik
Level 3
Level 3

I have primary, secondary node. Now added an MnT node to the deployment. How can move all the MnT data (basically all logs) alone from primary node to MnT node.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

PradeepSingh
Level 1
Level 1

You can change role to Primary for Monitoring on the new MnT node.

View solution in original post

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

By default ISE stores 30 days of RADIUS and TACACS logs, so unless you've changed that, you could make the choice to do nothing and just let time fix it. 

The other option I would use would be from the CLI. From the MNT node that has the RADIUS/TACACS logs, you can run the command.
backup <backup_name> repository <My_FTP_Repo>  ise-operational encryption-key plain <backup-pass>

Then on the new MNT node you want to restore the logs to run the restore command. 
restore <backup_name> repository <My_FTP_Repo> encryption-key plain <backup-pass>

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

PradeepSingh
Level 1
Level 1

You can change role to Primary for Monitoring on the new MnT node.

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

By default ISE stores 30 days of RADIUS and TACACS logs, so unless you've changed that, you could make the choice to do nothing and just let time fix it. 

The other option I would use would be from the CLI. From the MNT node that has the RADIUS/TACACS logs, you can run the command.
backup <backup_name> repository <My_FTP_Repo>  ise-operational encryption-key plain <backup-pass>

Then on the new MNT node you want to restore the logs to run the restore command. 
restore <backup_name> repository <My_FTP_Repo> encryption-key plain <backup-pass>

manvik
Level 3
Level 3

thank you guys

issue is current ISE is out of disk storage. Backup from GUI is failing since there's no disk space.

Even if the backup is taken, can only MnT data alone restored to the new node.

Hi @manvik ,

you said that "ISE is Out of Disk Storage" ... you can try the following to cleanup some files:

ise/admin# application upgrade cleanup

you said that "can only MnT data alone restored to the new node" ... when you add the New MnT (a New Node), all the Configuration Data is replicate (sync) from PAN to the New MnT and the Operational Data could be restore from MnT to the New MnT (as described by @Damien Miller ).

Hope this helps !!!

manvik
Level 3
Level 3

application upgrade cleanup cleans the upgrade leftovers i assume. It does not deletes the previous logs/reports.

When I add a  third node to primary/secondary setup. Which one would be the primary/secondary after adding third node?

Third node is only for monitoring.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

During registration and afterwards, you have the option to designate the 3rd node as either the primary or the secondary MnT.