Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Bugs in ISE

ciscoworlds
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all;

I'm working on ISE to learn security materials. recently I faced with some strange behaviors on ISE and found that all of them are unresolved bugs. if you have any idea on how to resolve them or you have any workaround, please let me know. 

1. clicking on the Manage Accounts under Guest reveals "[500] Internal Error" page. I searched the net and they recommended that we must wait till it disappears! I waited more than one hour but nothing happen. 

2. I created a guest account with location settings set to another time-zones (like Istanbul, GMT+3), because I live in Turkey. but the guest cannot access the network because ISE says "Account is not yet active". again I searched the net and found that this is another bug that exists about some time zones!!!! what a great that there is no workaround! good for Cisco!

I wonder how can Cisco sell a product with such a strange and annoying bugs, even after releasing many earlier releases. (I'm using ISE-2.0.0.306). so please if you have any idea about these issue, please share it with me. tnx. 

1 Reply 1

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) I have faced the same issue in my Lab ISE. I used a workaround of using the "Test Portal URL" for the sponsor portal. But I agree, this is a pain to work with in a production environment. Looks like there is a bug filed for this issue that should be fixed in ISE 2.2 version (due sometime within the next month or so).

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuz65011/?reffering_site=dumpcr

(BTW the workaround provided the bug did not work for me)

2) What timezone does the Guest reside in? According to documentation, the Guest access time should be configured with regarding to the Guest user timezone:

Guest access times are based on the Guest Location's time zone. A Guest user may not be able to login if the Guest Location's time zone doesn't match the system time zone. In this case, the Guest user may get an "Authentication Failed" error. You might see the "Guest active time period not yet started" error message in the debug report. As a workaround, you can adjust the Guest access start time to match the local time zone of the Guest user by using the Manage Accounts option.